The upcoming Community Day for February has been announced and will feature Chansey, along with a variety of bonuses that include her other evolutionary chain Pokemon.
As usual from 2 PM to 5 PM, February 4th will feature Chansey who will be spawning very frequently in the wild. Shiny chance will also be buffed up so it’s the perfect time for players to get it if they don’t have one already. Its featured Community Day Attack will be the Electric Type Charged Attack, Wild Charge. This packs a wallop with 100 Power in Trainer Battles and 90 in raids, so it would be a useful move to have it learn. Players will be able to get it by simply evolving their Chansey from 2 PM to 10 PM on that day.
For bonuses, there is a whole variety of them coming this time around that includes candy and eggs.
The following bonuses will be active during the event, with a few lasting even after the event hours till 10 PM on the same day:
- Players will get a 2x bonus to candy gained from catching Pokemon. This is perfect for a community day where ample Pokemon will be appearing frequently.
- Players will also get a 2x bonus to the chance of getting XL candy from catching Pokemon.
- Any eggs that will be incubated during the event hours will have their hatch distance cut to 1/4.
- Additionally to add to the upper bonus, Happiny, Chansey’s baby Evolution, will be hatching from 2km eggs obtained during the Community Day. Any Happiny hatch in this manner will have the same chance to be shiny as Chansey spawning on Community Day. This bonus will also have a longer lasting time from 2 PM to 10 PM on February 4th. This is also a very good chance to get high IV Happiney if people don’t have one already as Baby Pokemon hatched from eggs in Pokemon GO have a high chance of having great or even perfect IVs.
- Incenses will last for three hours instead of the usual one.
- Lure Modules will last for three hours as well instead of the usual one-hour duration.
- Players would be able to make 1 additional Special Trade. This will last till 10 PM on the day.
- Trades will cost 50% less stardust so combined with the upper bonus players could find it very convenient to trade special Pokemon that they still might not have. This will also last till 10 PM on the day.
Happiny will be frequently hatching from 2km eggs that players obtain during the event. The shiny chance will be increased as well similar to Chansey.
Four Star Raids:
Special four-star raids will also be happening on the same day featuring the Community Day Pokemon Chansey. Players will only be able to join this using normal or premium raid passes, not with remote raid passes. By defeating the Raid Pokemon, many more Chansey will spawn around the vicinity and all of these will have the same chance of being shiny as Chansey that spawn during the three hours of the February Community Day. These raids will start right after the three hours of the main event conclude and will last till late night at 10 PM. This will allow players to still get Chansey even after the main event.
With the Community Day, there will also be Community Day-themed Research that will reward players with more Chansey encounters, Stardust, Great Balls and more. There will additionally be a purchasable Research Story as well available for $1 for those who want even more rewards aside from all that will be available for free on February 4th.
What’s any event without event-themed stickers? Chansey, Happiny and Blissey will all be coming in special artwork stickers that players will get by spinning Pokestops and opening gifts on Chansey’s Community Day.
For those that have ample coins stored up, there will also be special boxes up on Chansey Community Day.
A small bundle for 480 coins will give players 30 Ultra Balls, an Incense, 3 Super Incubators and one Lure Module.
A bigger bundle costing 1350 coins will give 50 Ultra Balls, 5 Super Incubators, 1 Elite Charged TM and 5 Lucky Eggs.
For the special Pokemon GO Web Store box, a box for $9.99 will also be available that will give players 120 Ultra Balls, 15 Silver Pinap Berries, 1 Incense and 6 Incubators.
So the month of February will start with a bang as Pokemon GO goes through into this year with plenty of more coming players’ ways. The special Pokemon GO Sinnoh Tour is also slowly coming closer, and there is plenty to enjoy in the popular mobile app from The Pokemon Company and Niantic who are consistently dishing out new content.
For more on Pokemon GO, check out the game’s official website.