Niantic has announced the next circuit for Player Battle League for Pokemon GO as the Pokemon GO Battle League: Timeless Travels. The newest circuit brings changes, buffs and nerfs, new Battle League Cups, brand-new rewards and much more for the newest competitive season of the game.
The Timeless Travels Battle League will start today December 1st with a whole list of every League coming for the next 4 months. The news also brings a full list of all Cups, active bonuses for league battles, rewards, balance patches and even brand-new Avatar Items. We’ll go through all of it over here.
New Seasons, New Cups:
Along with Great League, Ultra League and Master League, there are some new Cups coming with new rules. Here are the newest Cups and their rule formats and time durations coming in the Timeless Travels Battle League ahead:
- Retro Cup Great League Edition: This cup will hold Pokemon below or equal to 1500 CP that are not Fairy, Steel or Dark types. This cup will come from December 2nd to 9th alongside a Great League Cup, and then from 9th to 16th alongside an Ultra League Cup.
- Holiday Cup Great League Edition: This cup will hold Pokemon below or equal to 1500 CP with only Grass, Electric, Ice, Flying and Ghost-type Pokemon eligible. This will last from December 16th to the 23rd alongside a Master League Cup. There will also be a 4x Stardust bonus from wins for these.
- Holiday Cup Little Edition: This special cup will hold low CP Pokemon that are equal to or below 500 CP. Glass, Electric, Ice, Flying and Ghost-type Pokemon only. This will come on December 30th till January 6th alongside a Great League Cup.
- Fantasy Cup Great League Edition: This will only hold Dragon, Steel and Fairy-type Pokemon below or equal to 1500 CP. This will arrive on January 13th to 20th with a Master League Cup as well as a 4x Stardust bonus from wins
- Evolution Cup Great League Edition: This will consist of only Pokemon that are able to and never have been evolved, with CP equal to or below 1500. This one will come on February 10th alongside a Master League Cup plus the 4x Stardust bonus from wins and will end on February 17th.
- Hisui Cup Great League Edition: This special cup comes with Pokemon Legends: Arceus’s theme where only Pokemon that are found in Hisui in the mainline Pokemon videogame will be eligible to enter. CP will be set lower or equal to 1500 for this as well. This will arrive later on January 27th till February 3rd alongside a Great League Cup, then again on February 3rd till 10th along with an Ultra League Cup.
- Great League Remix: This will allow all Pokemon other than the mentioned 20 to be eligible if they have 1500 CP or less. The 20 ineligible Pokemon are Alolan Sandslash, Alolan Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Umbreon, Noctowl, Lanturn, Azumarill, Pelipper, Sableye, Medicham, Altaria, Registeel, Deoxys (Defense Form), Bastiodon, Toxicroak, Scrafty, Galarian Stunfisk, Greninja, Talonflame and Trevenant. This will arrive alongside an Ultra League Cup from January 6th to 13th.
- Catch Cup Timeless Travels Great League Edition: This will only allow brand new Pokemon caught during this new season to be eligible to enter. This means the Pokemon caught on December 1st starting now till March 1st next year. Players will have to build up their new roster from the ground up for this one. Both Catch Cups will come together from February 17th to 24th with the 4x bonus active throughout the duration.
- Catch Cup Timeless Travels Little Edition: This one is the same as the Catch Cup Timeless Travels Great League Edition only CP is limited to 500 or less for eligible Pokemon. This will come from February 17th to 24th same as the Catch Cup Great League Edition.
Aside from these new Cups, there will be 3 separate weeks where all three normal cups, Great, Ultra and Master, will be available which are from December 23rd to 30th, then from January 20th to 27th and lastly from February 24th to March 2 to end the whole Timeless Travels Battle League Circuit.
Pokemon GO Battle League Events:
There are two new big events coming for the Timeless Travels Battle League.
The first one is Battle Week running from January 19th to 24th. The Great, Ultra and Master League Cups will be included with the following bonuses and perks:
- Stardust will have a 4x boost gained from wins excluding end-of-set rewards.
- The daily number of sets playable will be increased from 5 to 10 from 12 AM to 11:59 PM local time per day.
- There will be free Timed Research that will include rewards such as new Avatar Accessories and more.
- There will also be a purchasable Timed Research that includes rewards like Rare Candy, Starpiece and Stardust for $1 USD.
The second Battle League event will be Battle Day on February 10th from 12 PM to 11:59 PM local time. This will include the Evolution Cup: Great League Edition alongside the Master League with the following perks and bonuses:
- 4x Stardust gain from wins exclusive of end-of-set rewards.
- Maximum daily sets playable increased from 5 to 20, totalling 100 playable sets on the whole event day from 12 PM to 11:59 AM.
- Free Timed Research will be available to all players who play on Battle Day.
Players will get the following encounter rewards for reaching specific ranks:
- Rank 1 – Hisuian Sneasel.
- Rank 6 – Machoke.
- Ace Rank 2000 – Deino. This includes its shiny form for those lucky enough to encounter one.
- Veteran Rank 2500 – Goomy, includes shiny form as well same as above.
- Expert Rank 2750 – Jangmo-o.
- Legend Rank 3000 – Pikachu Libre including its shiny form encounterable if players are lucky.
These will include the following:
- Machop, Maril, Gligar, Spheal, Skwovet, Frillish, Carbink, Alolan Vulpix, Lickitung, Drilbur, Phantump, Mareanie, Vullaby, Wooloo, Falinks, Goomy, Deino and Jangmo-o.
- Active Raid Pokemon from 5 Star Raids will also be encounterable on Rank 20.
Timed Research Pass:
There will also be a free Time Research Pass for the whole next Battle League Season ingame which will include rewards such as Fast and Charged TMs and more. The challenge will be to get as many Battle League wins as possible during the Timeless Travels season.
For the newest look, Ingo will be coming as he appears in Pokemon Legends Arceus with the following items gained on different Battle League Ranks:
Ace Rank will land you Ingo-style Gloves and Shoes.
Veteran Rank will give you Ingo-style Pants.
Expert Rank will reward you Ingo-style Shirt.
Lastly, Legend Rank will give you the Ingo-style Post to complete the whole Ingo look.
Pokemon GO Attack Changes:
For the newest balance changes, a few Attacks are getting reworked:
- Mud slap will generate energy quicker in trainer battles.
- Firespin’s power is increased from 9 to 10 in trainer battles.
- Incinerate’s power is increased from 15 to 20 in trainer battles.
- Blaze Kick’s power is increased from 55 to 60 in trainer battles.
- Breaking Swipe no longer has a guarantee that the opponent Pokemon’s Attack will be lowered in trainer battles.
- Iron Tail will generate energy faster and will have an increased power from 9 to 10 in trainer battles.
- Steel Wing will generate energy faster in trainer battles.
- Astonish’s power is increased from 5 to 9 in trainer battles.
- Bubble’s power is increased from 7 to 8 in trainer battles.
- Scald’s power is increased from 80 to 85 and will have a greater chance to lower opponent Pokemon’s Attack in trainer battles.
- Psychic’s power is reduced from 85 to 75 in trainer battles.
Many Pokemon will also be able to learn new moves, for which you can check the whole list on the Pokemon GO website news page.
There is plenty of new Pokemon Legends Arceus content coming to Pokemon GO with the next season all themed around the Legends videogame title. The Battle League comes with a new Hisui Cup, rewards themed around a character of the game, and much more as well such as Hisuian Samurott coming this Sunday and other Hisuian Pokemon arriving soon. The mainline videogame title itself met a positive reception for its new gameplay formula and many fans consider it as the best Pokemon title on the Nintendo Switch. It is good to see the game’s content coming outside as well as Pokemon GO has many players that can enjoy Hisui content if they haven’t played Pokemon Legends Arceus.