The Tyr secondary handgun in Call of Duty Modern: Warfare 3 is pretty much a one-shot mini-sniper, really lowering your TTK to get some sweet kills in 6v6 MW3 multiplayer matches. Even without any attachments or aftermarket parts, you can really decimate the opposing team if wielded right–whether it be CQC or mid-range fights. Just line up your shots and you’ll get an instant kill.
While you could opt for a plethora of attachments to get the upper hand in multiplayer sessions, the new Gunsmith system in Modern Warfare 3 has some sweet goodies you can get known as aftermarket parts, which overhaul your weapon.
One such aftermarket kit is the JAK Beholder Rifle Kit also simply dubbed as the Tyr Conversion Kit in MW3. So, how do you get the Tyr Conversion Kit in MW3? The Tyr Conversion Kit or JAK Beholder Rifle Kit is a part of weekly challenges, and you might have a tough time getting it, considering the requirements.
UPDATE: Sledgehammer has finally released a fix for the Tyr Conversion Kit or JAK Beholder Rifle Kit not equipping in MW3 with a recent update.
The Fix was scheduled on their Trello board for quite some time and after waiting for Christmas Eve and New Year Holidays to pass, Sledgehammer finally patched and fixed the Tyr Conversion Aftermarket Kit.
Players can now use the Tyr Conversion Kit equipped with optics with some attachment restrictions. Still, the TYR Revolver has become one of the fastest quickscoping Tyr Sniper Rifles in MW3 Season 1, putting it up in the ranks with some of the Best Snipers in MW3.
How To Get The JAK Beholder Rifle Kit or Tyr Conversion Kit in MW3
The JAK Beholder Rifle Kit or Tyr Conversion Kit in MW3 can only be unlocked once players complete a set of just five challenges in Modern Warfare 3 Season 1’s 3rd week.
While there’s a plethora of weekly challenges you can complete. You need to complete just five Week 3 Season 1 challenges to get your hands on the Tyr conversion kit. Those five challenges could either be completed in Multiplayer, Zombies, or Battle Royale Mode.
Once unlocked, the JAK Beholder Rifle Kit will be added to your arsenal of weapon attachments in the Gunsmith Section of MW3.
MW3 Multiplayer Challenges for JAK Beholder Rifle Kit or Tyr Conversion Kit
- Using a Recommended Weapon, get 25 Assist Kills.
- After swapping recently to a Recommended weapon, obtain 15 Kills.
- Get Stealthy and own 30 enemies with a Silenced Recommended Weapon.
- Using the Rival 9G, eliminate 5 enemies from a long range.
- Go CQC mode and get 25 enemy kills with a Silenced Recommended SMG.
MW3 Zombies Challenges for JAK Beholder Rifle Kit or Tyr Conversion Kit
- Clear 10 Contracts.
- Using a recommended weapon, get 3 Disciple Kills.
- Wielding a Silenced Recommended SMG, nail 300 Kills.
- With the Pack-a-Punch Rival 9, decimate 300 enemies.
- Using ADS, get 300 Kills with a recommended SMG.
Warzone Challenges For JAK Beholder Rifle Kit or Tyr Conversion Kit
- In Warzone Urzikstan, get 10 Operator Kills over at Resort, Power, Seaport or Cargo.
- In Warzone Urzikstan, eliminate 10 Operator Kills over at the City, Suburbs, or Manor
- Complete 15 Contracts in Warzone Urzikstan.
- In Warzone Urzikstan, eliminate 10 Operators in the Military Base or Farms.
- In Warzone Urzikstan, eliminate 10 Operators in the Old Town and Low Town.
All-in-all, this beast of a weapon becomes even deadlier with the JAK Beholder Rifle conversion kit. While it was overpowered and later nerfed, it’s still a pretty neat handgun that becomes more lethal with the added conversion kit.
If you complete any of the five sets of weekly challenges, you’ll unlock the JAK Beholder Rifle Kit or Tyr Conversion Kit in MW3. However, some players have reported that they can’t equip the aftermarket part in the Gunsmith and Loadouts section, even after unlocking it, which is an issue yet to be resolved.
Tyr Conversion Kit or JAK Beholder Rifle Kit Not Showing Up Issue?
Currently, there’s no fix for the Tyr Conversion Kit or JAK Beholder Rifle kit now showing up issue. Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games are aware of it and are currently investigating the issue and have addressed it on CallofDutyUpdates so it may be just a matter of time before it gets fixed.