An update has arrived that starts the Go Fest Battle Challenge as originally set for Week 2 of July, only with a few tweaks to suit the current Team Rocket Battle Scenario for Pokemon GO. It comes alive right now from July 10th and shall last till July 15th. Alongside this comes news on Team Rocket’s next Takeover coming soon to the game. For those looking forward to the Go Fest Challenges, they can dive right in with the continuation of the Weekly Challenges that are available to everyone once more.
Remember when we said week two of the GO Fest Weekly Challenges would be battle-themed? There’s been a slight change of plans. Technically, it’s still battle-themed. However, with Team GO Rocket balloons appearing more often and other disturbances in the world of Pokémon GO that we believe are related, the GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Battle Timed Research will focus entirely on taking down Team GO Rocket!”
GO Fest Battle Challenge:
The challenge shall look to players defeating Team Rocket and landing themselves some exclusive rewards in return. There are many features coming alongside these which are explained below;
Poison and Dark Type Pokemon shall be the highlight of this week, spawning and coming from the wild as well as in raid and even in eggs. Team Rocket Balloons will appear more often as well so everyone can look keenly on completing this week’s GO Fest Challenge. The legendary Pokemon Suicune will be coming this time around as the exclusive Shadow Pokemon under Giovanni. Moreover, any player that completes the Battle Challenge this week will be rewarded with the Super Rocket Radar that will give him the chance to face the big boss! The duo Jessie and James have also become active in the game and will be available to battle throughout. There is also an update to the lineup of shadow Pokemon that Team Rocket can have and be obtained which is given down below.
“In addition to all previously announced details about this week’s Timed Research and events, the following disturbances have been detected in the Pokémon GO world.
- Poison-type and Dark-type Pokémon are appearing in the wild, in Eggs, and in raids.
- Team GO Rocket balloons are appearing more often.
- The Meowth balloon seems to be appearing at a higher rate.
- Suicune has been turned into a Shadow Pokémon. Defeat Giovanni to save it! Complete the GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Battle Timed Research to receive a Super Rocket Radar that will help you track Giovanni down!
- Our findings show that the following Pokémon are being captured and turned into Shadow Pokémon now. Please go rescue them!
- Nidoran ♀
- Nidoran ♂
- We’re receiving word that the Team GO Rocket Leaders have found additional species of Pokémon to turn into Shadow Pokémon, too!“
The Team Rocket Takeover will be coming on July 12th from 11 am to 2 pm local time! During this time there will be exclusive features and rewards coming your way if you’re looking to participate! All that is described down below from the official website’s main information blog.
- “We’ve intercepted messages from Team GO Rocket that indicate they’re planning to take over more PokéStops and capture more Pokémon! There will be an increased amount of Team GO Rocket activity in your area soon, and we’re sure this won’t be the last time. We’ll share any other intercepted messages we receive if something like this happens again!”
Sources seem to point to the following information.
Keep your eyes peeled for…
- Team GO Rocket balloons in the skies and more Team GO Rocket Grunts capturing PokéStops for the duration of the take-over!
- 2× Stardust when you defeat Team GO Rocket Grunts and Team GO Rocket balloons
- The Meowth balloon appearing more often than usual
- The opportunity to use a Charged TM to let your Pokémon forget the move Frustration and learn a new move
- Team GO Rocket music playing in Pokémon GO
As always, there is much to go with in this month. July has come as a big month that held the mobile title’s 4th anniversary and it truly shows with the features coming ahead from Niantic. There is plenty, almost too much to do in the game and there is even more entertainment and fun players can have; all even before the two golden days of the Pokemon Go Fest 2020. There is also a small option for players to tune in to the social media with the hashtag #TeamGORocket that shall be accumulated and displayed soon after. Players can also opt for emails and more for whatever coming ahead in Pokemon Go.
As of this moment, if you are looking to open and play the mobile title, you shall not be disappointed with scarce updates, rewards, or features, and this is just the start.
“Be sure to share your findings (and victories!) with us on social media with #TeamGORocket. For tips and tricks on how to defeat the Team GO Rocket Leaders, opt in to receiving our push notifications and emails! It takes a certain level of villainy to launch a plan of this scale during our biggest celebration of the year. Let’s show them who’s boss, Trainers!”
For more on Pokemon Go, visit their official website. The website has recently made a separate page for “Play Where You Are” that you can read on to know all that you can do without even having to leave your room or even your bed.