Valorant was released a few days back and players have already started reporting a number of issues they are facing in the game. It can be quite frustrating considering they have been waiting for the game to arrive for months, but can’t play it because of some errors. If you’re one of those players who are getting an error code 7 or error code 29 in Valorant, then you’ll be glad to know that there actually exist some methods through which you can overcome them.
How to Fix Error Code 7 in Valorant
Error code 7 in Valorant is something being encountered by many players. It is linked with connection to the official servers. While Riot Games is working on a permanent fix for the issue, some players have managed to discover a temporary fix for it.
- If you’re getting the error code 7 in Valorant while loading the game, then you should first try restarting the game. While this may seem simple and obvious, most players have fixed the issue by doing this.
- If restarting the game doesn’t work, then you should completely restart your computer. This is because your hardware will get a fresh start, and it might solve the issue.
- Your internet might be the reason why your game is not loading properly. Make sure to check whether your internet is working properly or not. If the issue still continues to exist, try restarting your router.
If none of the above methods work, then you’re in a pretty bad spot. Riot Games confirmed that they are working on a permanent fix for it, but they are yet to reveal when it will arrive.
How to Fix Error Code 29 in Valorant
The second major error being faced by players in Valorant is error code 29. This issue is being mainly faced by those players who are running antivirus software on their computers. The firewall basically prevents the system from loading Valorant properly. In order to fix it, you can follow the method listed below.
- Type “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” in the Windows search bar. This will take you to the section of the control panel from where you can change the firewall settings.
- Click on the “change settings” at the top of the window. From here, click on “Allow another app” and then navigate to the folder where you have Valorant installed. Click OK to get it added as a new app.
- After you’re done with this, make sure to do the same for Valorant’s launcher and anti-cheat software as well.
- In the end, check all the boxes for all three programs that will be listed under the “Firewall exceptions” section. After this, the error code 29 should get fixed.
These were some methods through which you can overcome two major error codes in Valorant. We’ll make sure to update the post if we come across a better method. Also, make sure to check out three features Riot should add in Valorant.