Niantic is on its way to give Pokemon GO players one of the biggest additions via game updates. Recent news just surfaced where players will finally get remote play.
In our continued efforts to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings, we’re excited to announce that
Remote Raid Passes.
Bonus research tasks.
and more are coming to #PokemonGO!
A remote raid pass will enable players to join any raid battle that is seeable on the screen. Just like normal passes, one remote raid pass will allow one raid remotely. Mechanics will also add to its usage where remote players will get lower attack damage in raids. Using them would fully give all counts to research breakthroughs and any other relevant quest. This will allow many players to play further openly without much travelling and gathering.
In addition, Niantic will adjust the features over time to suit players and the game. Remote players will limit in number. However, the biggest asset looks to be how friends will be able to invite other friends to join in raids. This will be regardless of the distance from the raid to the invited player. Further information and announcements will come very soon.
To start things off, the introduction of these items will be with the next 1 PokeCoin bundle. This means everyone shall be able to try it atleast once.
Trainers, We’re excited to announce upcoming changes to Pokémon GO. In our continued efforts to prioritize Pokémon GO experiences that can be enjoyed in individual settings and from home, you’ll soon be able to enjoy the following.
- With a Remote Raid Pass, you can access Raid Battles you can see on the Nearby screen from wherever you are.
- You’ll receive a bonus Field Research task daily without having to spin a PokéStop.
- As you run low on Gifts, your Buddy Pokémon will venture to nearby PokéStops and bring some Gifts back for you to send out to your friends.
- You’ll be able to power up your Pokémon to the desired CP by using all the required Candies and Stardust at once.
- After using a Star Piece, Lucky Egg, or Incense, you’ll be able to use more of the same item to extend the item’s effect beyond the usual 30-minute limit. No more waiting for an item effect to expire before you can use another one!
- Look out for other updates, including improved battle-screen design.
Players will be able to get much more bonuses ingame after this update rolls out. They shall have to travel less and still acquire all the necessary items they need. Gifts shall come to players through their buddy Pokemon and Raids will be available remotely. Field research tasks will also be acquirable
These changes from Niantic will surely revamp the activity of all players and allow many players to play the game fully.
Alongside all this, other updates are also coming that include the following:
- Battle screens will polish further. The way HP bars appear will update to be consistent across battle systems. Pokémon types will also now appear on the battle screen, along with text that tells you whether a move is super effective or not very effective.
- The shop icon in the Poké Ball menu will soon show a notification if there are new boxes or new items in the shop.
Additionally, there is a 1 PokeCoin currently in the game that offers much, so be sure to check it out.
In conclusion, Niantic also left a message to all players:
Thank you, Trainers:
As we work to continue improving your gameplay experience, we wanted to express our gratitude for your continued support. Our team is working hard to address your feedback, as well as create new and exciting gameplay that can be enjoyed both from home and when we’re able to go out and explore together again.
Please be aware of your surroundings when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article. – Niantic.